Saturday 9 January 2010

Happy New Year

Ohh... haven't updated this in a while.
Anyway thanks to christmas and school cancellations due to snow and ice I have had a lot of time to play some games.
I've gotten my xbox live account back up and I have started to catch the call of duty bug, I'm not playing it non stop but I am playing it more than I normally would.
I really should get back to doing full game reviews but for now I'll just give you am quick summary of some of the games I have played.

Muramasa the Demon Blade (wii)
I wasn't huge on the game at first but the more I played it the better it got, the game provides a lot of challange to fans of 2D action games. It uses RPG elements such as level up, equipment and huge maps. It kind of reminds me of the Castlevania games with its action RPG style gameplay only this is hack and slash.
Would I recommend it? Yes, yes I would. If your looking for some new wii games to play get this.

A Boy and His Blob (wii)
A remake of a 20 year old NES game A Boy and His Blob is a puzzle platformer that reqires you to get from A to B by making you blob to transform into objects such as ladders, trampolines and bowling balls.
The game is much more forgiving than the NES original, the level's have many check points so you don't lose much ground when you die, to add to that you get unlimited lives.
The game is a worthy purchase and can be bought for £15 at most places including game and gamestation.

Onechanbara Bikini Zombie Slayers (wii)
I got this new for £5 at gamestation, when i got it I was expecting a decent hack and slash affair, nothing amazing but still fun.
The game itself is good but it is let down by one huge flaw, the controls.
In the game you attack by waggling the wiimote, it's almost as bad as in Twilight Princess which is a shame considering the games genre.

Boom Blox Bash Party (wii)
This is a lot like the first one, if you liked that get this. Not much more to be said.

Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles (wii)
If you didn't like Umbrella Chronicles then you will most likely not like this game either.
I quite enjoyed this game, most reviews complained that the game messes with the already messed up Resident Evil cannon and that the shaky camera makes it impossible to aim, but thats ok I like that, its a change from your House of the dead, time crsis type of game play where you are always in one place when firing.
It's worth a go and is very lengthy as far a shooters go.

Let's Tap (wii)
I've noticed that Sega have been experimenting with the wii publishing and developing all kings of games, out of all their expeimental wii titles (and there are a lot of them) this stands out as it is the most unique.
The idea of the game is to do things by tapping of a box.
The game is packaged with several different mini games, one mini game like a track and field sort of thing where you run by tapping the box (as opposed to tapping buttons) out of all the games this would have to be my favourite because it works the best.
Other games involve things like tapping to a rhythm (a bit like Donkey Konga) and a gme where you have to take a tower apart 9it's a lot like Jenga).
Out of all the games I played on it there was one I was unable to get my head around, there is a game where you control a guy flying froun the screen avoiding things, come think of it the game reminds me of balloon fight on NES only with less control over the guy.
In all it isn't bd and it is worth buying. I got my copy for a tenner on HVM's website.

I have more games to talk about but I'll get to them later seeing how they are all on 360.

No comments:

Post a Comment